COVID-19 Research on Trails and Outdoor Recreation: What We’ve Learned So Far Webinar
October 01 2020
The Ontario Trails Council in partnership with Frank Company, Brock University and Trans Canada Trail presents a trail management webinar.
- Understand what three research projects suggest about the impacts of COVID-19 on trail management communities, outdoor recreation behaviours, and protected area communication strategies.
- Appreciate the impacts of change in outdoor recreation participation due to COVID-19’s effects on mental, physical and emotional health.
- Recognize factors that influence trail communities and outdoor recreationists’ decision-making during COVID-19.
- Envision management strategies for maintaining quality trails and outdoor recreation participation based on current trends.
- What have we learned from 2020, and how can we prepare effectively for 2021?
- Trail managers – municipal, conservation authority, private sector.
- Front line maintenance staff and volunteers.
- Organization decision makers.
- Anyone involved with trails and/or outdoor recreation management.
- Dr. Tim O’Connell, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, Brock University
- Michael Goodyear, Trail Development Manager for Eastern Canada, Trans Canada Trail
- John Foster, Research Assistant, Trail Assets and Tourism Initiative, Brock University