Frank Cowan Company’s Elder Care Program provides ideal insurance solutions for nursing, rest and retirement homes, day programs for seniors and in-home medical support services. We’ve been serving organizations in the health sector for decades, giving us a solid, stable foundation of experience and history to help meet your insurance needs. Should a claim occur, our in-house claims department is available to provide support, answer questions and guide you through the process from beginning to end.
Managing risk in Elder Care organizations
To us, preventing claims is as important as handling them. That’s why we’ve invested in a comprehensive risk management program available to you at no additional cost. You can take advantage of our educational sessions, consulting services and on-site inspections and evaluations that test your readiness for both new and established risks. Our Risk Management Centre of Excellence is continually updated with resources dedicated to keeping your organization and facilities safe and protected.
What we offer
Our Elder Care Program highlights include:
- Liability limits up to $50 million with no general or annual aggregate
- Malpractice coverage up to $15 million
- Abuse coverage up to $5 million
- Nil liability deductible available
- Computer violation
- Identity theft insurance
- Third party bond
- Resident's trust fund coverage
- Broad property coverage with no co-insurance clause
- Disappearing deductible property insurance
- Workplace disruption insurance
- Crisis management
- Legal expense insurance, including Criminal Code
- Automobile available in AB, NB, NS and ON
We are continually developing products and services to allow us to continue to lead the way with innovative offerings that respond to trends in the marketplace. That is why we now offer:
- Cyber Risk Insurance – Broad first and third party coverage
- Enhanced Legal Expense Coverage – Broader basic and optional coverage with unlimited access to a toll-free legal advice hotline.
For more information about our Elder Care Program, please contact: