Non-profit housing can help shape a community’s future by providing affordable living for disadvantaged individuals. Keeping these facilities safe is critical, and, in the event of a claim, requires the right insurance policy to specifically address the challenges of subsidized housing.
With decades of experience insuring public entities, Frank Cowan Company has worked with housing developments of all sizes. Our experts know the risks and exposures you can face and how to help protect against them. Should a claim occur, our in-house claims department is available to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Helping manage risk for Non-Profit Housing
The best way to avoid a claim is to manage your risks and exposures. At Frank Cowan Company, we’ve spent years developing a risk management program that features education, consultation and inspection services. We can consult with your employees in the risks particular to Non-Profit Housing, analyze your operational policies and procedures to identify gaps and inspect your housing facilities to find potential exposures.Our experts are ready to help you minimizing your exposures. Our Risk Management Centre of Excellence provides a host of online resources from material on preventing bedbug infestations to minimizing the risk of indoor slips and falls.
What we offer
- Broad manuscript policy wordings for non-profit housing
- Full range of coverage, including liability, errors and omissions, directors’ and officers’, crime, legal expense reimbursement, property, data processing, and equipment breakdown
- Blanket all-risk property coverage, with no co-insurance or margin clauses
We are continually developing products and services to allow us to continue to lead the way with innovative offerings that respond to trends in the marketplace. That is why we now offer:
- Cyber Risk Insurance – Broad first and third party coverage
- Enhanced Legal Expense Coverage – Broader basic and optional coverage with unlimited access to a toll-free legal advice hotline.
To learn more about our Non-Profit Housing Program, please contact:
Industry Leader and VP, Public Entity
1-800-265-4000, ext. 55222