Children and Youth Services
Children and youth organizations are vital to community health. Keeping young clients well protected is critical—and requires an insurance provider well versed in the sector’s particular risks and exposures.
Frank Cowan Company has worked with Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, the YMCA/YWCA, drop-in centres, counselling services, and young offender detention centres among others.
Through our broker network, we’ve insured numerous children and youth services over the years. We know the kinds of coverage and protection children and youth services require. We know which risks to anticipate—and how to help protect against them.
Helping Children and Youth organizations manage risk
Because prevention is as critical as protection, we maintain a full-service risk management program that complements and enhances our coverage of children and youth organizations. You can take advantage of our seminars that will educate you on how to identify exposures. If you prefer a more hands-on approach, you can research various topics related to risk management on our Risk Management Centre of Excellence.
What we offer
Our program for children and youth organizations includes:
- Liability limits up to $50 million with no general or annual aggregate limit up to $15,000,000
- Malpractice Liability up to $50 million
- Abuse coverage up to $5 million or $15 million depending on your operation
- Child abduction liability coverage
- Broad property coverage with no co-insurance clauses
- Disappearing deductible property insurance
- Workplace disruption insurance
- Crisis management
- Computer violation insurance
- Identity theft insurance
- Legal expense insurance, including Criminal Code
- Automobile available in AB, NB, NS and ON
We are continually developing products and services to allow us to continue to lead the way with innovative offerings that respond to trends in the marketplace. That is why we now offer:
- Cyber Risk Insurance – Broad first and third party coverage
- Enhanced Legal Expense Coverage – Broader basic and optional coverage with unlimited access to a toll-free legal advice hotline.
For more information about our Children and Youth Services Program, please contact: