Public Health Units
Extending healthcare out of hospitals and into communities brings its own insurance challenges. Frank Cowan Company offers policies that have been written to protect public health units. Our experts can work with you to help you adapt to new and evolving risks. Should a claim occur, our in-house claims department is available to provide support, answer questions and guide you through the process from beginning to end.
Managing risk for Public Health Units
Whether through training sessions, consultation or on-site inspection, our risk management program helps you identify exposures, adapt to new risks, and review your policies and procedures. Our Risk Management Centre of Excellence provides updated resources on how to address specific risk management issues—from the exposures inherent in defibrillator use to protecting staff when lifting and transferring patients.
What we offer
- Broad manuscript policy wordings for public health units
- Full range of coverage, including liability, errors and omissions, directors’ and officers’, crime, legal expense reimbursement, property, data processing, and equipment breakdown
- Inclusion of all employees and volunteers, while acting within the scope of their duties
- Blanket all-risk property coverage, with no co-insurance or margin clauses
- Entity abuse coverage
- Occurrence-based general liability coverage
We are continually developing products and services to allow us to continue to lead the way with innovative offerings that respond to trends in the marketplace. That is why we now offer:
- Cyber Risk Insurance – Broad first and third party coverage
- Enhanced Legal Expense Coverage – Broader basic and optional coverage with unlimited access to a toll-free legal advice hotline.
To learn more about our Public Health Unit Program, please contact:
Industry Leader and VP, Public Entity
1-800-265-4000, ext. 55222